Calloway County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Calloway County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Calloway County, Kentucky. You can contact the Calloway County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Calloway County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
101 S 5Th StThe Calloway County Assessor's Office is located in Murray, Kentucky. Murray is the county seat of Calloway County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Calloway County Courthouse, at 101 North 5th Street.
Calloway County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Calloway County Information
Calloway County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Calloway County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Calloway County Tax Appraiser.
- The Calloway County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Calloway County.
- The Calloway County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Calloway County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Calloway County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Calloway County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Calloway County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-753-3482. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Calloway County assessor's office at 270-753-0648. Please call the assessor's office in Murray before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Calloway County Courthouse at 270-753-2920.