Caldwell County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Caldwell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Caldwell County, Kentucky. You can contact the Caldwell County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Caldwell County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
100 E Market StThe Caldwell County Assessor's Office is located in Princeton, Kentucky. Princeton is the county seat of Caldwell County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Caldwell County Courthouse, at 100 East Market Street.
Caldwell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Caldwell County Information
Caldwell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Caldwell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Caldwell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Caldwell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Caldwell County.
- The Caldwell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Caldwell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Caldwell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Caldwell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Caldwell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-365-7227. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Caldwell County assessor's office at 270-365-1348. Please call the assessor's office in Princeton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Caldwell County Courthouse at 270-365-6660.