Bullitt County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Bullitt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bullitt County, Kentucky. You can contact the Bullitt County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Bullitt County property tax due date
PO BOX 397The Bullitt County Assessor's Office is located in Shepherdsville, Kentucky. Shepherdsville is the county seat of Bullitt County, where most local government offices are located.
Bullitt County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bullitt County Information
Bullitt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bullitt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bullitt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bullitt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bullitt County.
- The Bullitt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bullitt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bullitt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bullitt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bullitt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 502-543-7480. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bullitt County assessor's office at 502-543-8690. Please call the assessor's office in Shepherdsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bullitt County Courthouse at 502-543-2262.