Breckinridge County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Breckinridge County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Breckinridge County, Kentucky. You can contact the Breckinridge County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Breckinridge County property tax due date
PO BOX 227The Breckinridge County Assessor's Office is located in Hardinsburg, Kentucky. Hardinsburg is the county seat of Breckinridge County, where most local government offices are located.
Breckinridge County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Breckinridge County Information
Breckinridge County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Breckinridge County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Breckinridge County Tax Appraiser.
- The Breckinridge County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Breckinridge County.
- The Breckinridge County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Breckinridge County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Breckinridge County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Breckinridge County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Breckinridge County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-756-5154. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Breckinridge County assessor's office at 270-756-1438. Please call the assessor's office in Hardinsburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Breckinridge County Courthouse Annex at 270-756-2269.