Breathitt County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Breathitt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Breathitt County, Kentucky. You can contact the Breathitt County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Breathitt County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
1137 Main StThe Breathitt County Assessor's Office is located in Jackson, Kentucky. Jackson is the county seat of Breathitt County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Breathitt County Courthouse, at 1137 Main Street.
Breathitt County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Breathitt County Information
Breathitt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Breathitt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Breathitt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Breathitt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Breathitt County.
- The Breathitt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Breathitt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Breathitt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Breathitt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Breathitt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-666-7973. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Breathitt County assessor's office at 606-666-7325. Please call the assessor's office in Jackson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Breathitt County Courthouse at .