Bracken County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Bracken County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bracken County, Kentucky. You can contact the Bracken County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Bracken County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 264The Bracken County Assessor's Office is located in Brooksville, Kentucky. Brooksville is the county seat of Bracken County, where most local government offices are located.
Bracken County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bracken County Information
Bracken County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bracken County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bracken County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bracken County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bracken County.
- The Bracken County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bracken County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bracken County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bracken County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bracken County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-735-2228. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bracken County assessor's office at 606-735-2925. Please call the assessor's office in Brooksville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bracken County Courthouse at 606-735-2300.