Boyd County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Boyd County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Boyd County, Kentucky. You can contact the Boyd County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Boyd County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 423The Boyd County Assessor's Office is located in Catlettsburg, Kentucky. Catlettsburg is the county seat of Boyd County, where most local government offices are located.
Boyd County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Boyd County Information
Boyd County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Boyd County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Boyd County Tax Appraiser.
- The Boyd County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Boyd County.
- The Boyd County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Boyd County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Boyd County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Boyd County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Boyd County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-739-5173. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Catlettsburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Boyd County Courthouse at 606-739-4134.