Bourbon County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Bourbon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bourbon County, Kentucky. You can contact the Bourbon County Assessor for:
- Checking the Bourbon County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
310 Main StThe Bourbon County Assessor's Office is located in Paris, Kentucky. Paris is the county seat of Bourbon County, where most local government offices are located.
Bourbon County Assessor Contact Information
Bourbon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bourbon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bourbon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bourbon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bourbon County.
- The Bourbon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bourbon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bourbon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bourbon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bourbon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 859-987-2152. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Paris before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bourbon County Courthouse at 859-987-2135.