Bath County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Bath County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bath County, Kentucky. You can contact the Bath County Assessor for:
- Checking the Bath County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 39The Bath County Assessor's Office is located in Owingsville, Kentucky. Owingsville is the county seat of Bath County, where most local government offices are located.
Bath County Assessor Contact Information
Bath County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bath County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bath County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bath County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bath County.
- The Bath County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bath County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bath County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bath County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bath County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-674-6382. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bath County assessor's office at 606-674-9526. Please call the assessor's office in Owingsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bath County Courthouse at 606-674-6346.