Allen County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Allen County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Allen County, Kentucky. You can contact the Allen County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Allen County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO Box 115The Allen County Assessor's Office is located in Scottsville, Kentucky. Scottsville is the county seat of Allen County, where most local government offices are located.
Allen County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Allen County Information
Allen County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Allen County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Allen County Tax Appraiser.
- The Allen County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Allen County.
- The Allen County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Allen County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Allen County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Allen County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Allen County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-237-3711. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Allen County assessor's office at 270-237-5074. Please call the assessor's office in Scottsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Allen County Courthouse at 270-237-3631.