Woodson County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Woodson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Woodson County, Kansas. You can contact the Woodson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Woodson County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
105 W Rutledge StThe Woodson County Assessor's Office is located in Yates Center, Kansas. Yates Center is the county seat of Woodson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Woodson County Courthouse, at 105 West Rutledge Street, Room 102.
Woodson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Woodson County Information
Woodson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Woodson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Woodson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Woodson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Woodson County.
- The Woodson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Woodson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Woodson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Woodson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Woodson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-625-8600. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Woodson County assessor's office at 620-625-8602. Please call the assessor's office in Yates Center before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Woodson County Courthouse at 620-625-8605.