[Kansas Assessors]
Property Taxes By State > Kansas > Wallace County Property Tax > Wallace County Tax Assessor

Wallace County, Kansas - Assessor's Office

The Wallace County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wallace County, Kansas. You can contact the Wallace County Assessor for:

  • Paying your property tax
  • Appealing your property tax appraisal
  • Reporting upgrades or improvements
  • Your property tax bill
  • Information on your property's tax assessment
  • Checking the Wallace County property tax due date

PO BOX 70The Wallace County Assessor's Office is located in Sharon Springs, Kansas. Sharon Springs is the county seat of Wallace County, where most local government offices are located.

Wallace County Assessor Contact Information

Wallace County Assessor's Office Services

There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wallace County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wallace County Tax Appraiser.

  1. The Wallace County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wallace County.
  2. The Wallace County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
  3. The Wallace County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wallace County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.

When contacting Wallace County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wallace County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 785-852-4206. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!

Please call the assessor's office in Sharon Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wallace County Courthouse at 785-852-4282.

Learn More

Find the tax assessor for a different Kansas county

Find property records for Wallace County

The median property tax in Wallace County, Kansas is $1,052.00

kansas Property Tax Data All of the Wallace County information on this page has been verified and checked for accuracy.
If any of the links or phone numbers provided no longer work, please let us know and we will update this page.