Wabaunsee County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Wabaunsee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wabaunsee County, Kansas. You can contact the Wabaunsee County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Wabaunsee County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
215 Kansas AveThe Wabaunsee County Assessor's Office is located in Alma, Kansas. Alma is the county seat of Wabaunsee County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wabaunsee County Courthouse, at 215 Kansas Ave.
Wabaunsee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wabaunsee County Information
Wabaunsee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wabaunsee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wabaunsee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wabaunsee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wabaunsee County.
- The Wabaunsee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wabaunsee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wabaunsee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wabaunsee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wabaunsee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 785-765-3508. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wabaunsee County assessor's office at 785-765-3482. Please call the assessor's office in Alma before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wabaunsee County Courthouse at 785-765-3414.