Stafford County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Stafford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stafford County, Kansas. You can contact the Stafford County Assessor for:
- Checking the Stafford County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
209 N Broadway StThe Stafford County Assessor's Office is located in St. John, Kansas. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Stafford County Courthouse, at 209 North Broadway Street.
Stafford County Assessor Contact Information
Stafford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stafford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stafford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stafford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stafford County.
- The Stafford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stafford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stafford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stafford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stafford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-549-3540. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Stafford County assessor's office at 620-549-6335. Please call the assessor's office in St. John before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stafford County Courthouse at 620-549-3509.