Sherman County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Sherman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sherman County, Kansas. You can contact the Sherman County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Sherman County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
813 BroadwayThe Sherman County Assessor's Office is located in Goodland, Kansas. Goodland is the county seat of Sherman County, where most local government offices are located.
Sherman County Assessor Contact Information
Sherman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sherman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sherman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sherman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sherman County.
- The Sherman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sherman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sherman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sherman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sherman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 785-890-4825. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sherman County assessor's office at 785-890-4830. Please call the assessor's office in Goodland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sherman County Courthouse at 785-899-4800.