Seward County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Seward County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Seward County, Kansas. You can contact the Seward County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Seward County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
415 N Washington Ave Ste 116The Seward County Assessor's Office is located in Liberal, Kansas. Liberal is the county seat of Seward County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Seward County Courthouse, at 415 North Washington Avenue, Suite 104.
Seward County Assessor Contact Information
Seward County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Seward County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Seward County Tax Appraiser.
- The Seward County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Seward County.
- The Seward County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Seward County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Seward County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Seward County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Seward County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-626-3253. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Seward County assessor's office at 620-626-3259. Please call the assessor's office in Liberal before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Seward County Courthouse at 620-626-3201.