Reno County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Reno County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Reno County, Kansas. You can contact the Reno County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Reno County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
206 W 1St AveThe Reno County Assessor's Office is located in Hutchinson, Kansas. Hutchinson is the county seat of Reno County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Reno County Courthouse, at 206 West 1st Avenue.
Reno County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Reno County Information
Reno County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Reno County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Reno County Tax Appraiser.
- The Reno County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Reno County.
- The Reno County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Reno County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Reno County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Reno County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Reno County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-694-2915. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hutchinson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Reno County Courthouse at 620-694-2929.