Ottawa County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Ottawa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ottawa County, Kansas. You can contact the Ottawa County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Ottawa County property tax due date
307 N Concord StThe Ottawa County Assessor's Office is located in Minneapolis, Kansas. Minneapolis is the county seat of Ottawa County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ottawa County Courthouse, at 307 North Concord Street.
Ottawa County Assessor Contact Information
Ottawa County Assessor Address
Ottawa County Appraiser
307 North Concord Street
Minneapolis, KS 67467
Ottawa County Assessor Phone Number
Ottawa County Assessor's Website
Additional Ottawa County Information
Property Tax Search (Tax Records) Find Ottawa County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Ottawa County property tax records
Ottawa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ottawa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ottawa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ottawa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ottawa County.
- The Ottawa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ottawa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ottawa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ottawa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ottawa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 785-392-3037. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Minneapolis before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ottawa County Courthouse at 785-392-2279.
Find the tax assessor for a different Kansas county
Find property records for Ottawa County
The median property tax in Ottawa County, Kansas is $1,307.00