Osborne County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Osborne County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Osborne County, Kansas. You can contact the Osborne County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Osborne County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 160The Osborne County Assessor's Office is located in Osborne, Kansas. Osborne is the county seat of Osborne County, where most local government offices are located.
Osborne County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Osborne County Information
Osborne County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Osborne County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Osborne County Tax Appraiser.
- The Osborne County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Osborne County.
- The Osborne County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Osborne County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Osborne County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Osborne County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Osborne County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 785-346-2310. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Osborne before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Osborne County Courthouse at 785-346-2431.