Norton County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Norton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Norton County, Kansas. You can contact the Norton County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Norton County property tax due date
PO BOX 70The Norton County Assessor's Office is located in Norton, Kansas. Norton is the county seat of Norton County, where most local government offices are located.
Norton County Assessor Contact Information
Norton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Norton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Norton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Norton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Norton County.
- The Norton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Norton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Norton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Norton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Norton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 785-877-5700. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Norton County assessor's office at 785-877-5703. Please call the assessor's office in Norton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Norton County Courthouse at 785-877-5710.