Kingman County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Kingman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kingman County, Kansas. You can contact the Kingman County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Kingman County property tax due date
130 N Spruce StThe Kingman County Assessor's Office is located in Kingman, Kansas. Kingman is the county seat of Kingman County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kingman County Courthouse, at 130 North Spruce Street.
Kingman County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kingman County Information
Kingman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kingman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kingman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kingman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kingman County.
- The Kingman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kingman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kingman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kingman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kingman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-532-5119. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kingman County assessor's office at 620-532-3356. Please call the assessor's office in Kingman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kingman County Courthouse at 620-532-2521.