Kearny County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Kearny County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kearny County, Kansas. You can contact the Kearny County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Kearny County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 86The Kearny County Assessor's Office is located in Lakin, Kansas. Lakin is the county seat of Kearny County, where most local government offices are located.
Kearny County Assessor Contact Information
Kearny County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kearny County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kearny County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kearny County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kearny County.
- The Kearny County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kearny County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kearny County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kearny County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kearny County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-355-6427. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kearny County assessor's office at 620-355-6404. Please call the assessor's office in Lakin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kearny County Courthouse at 620-355-6422.