Harvey County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Harvey County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Harvey County, Kansas. You can contact the Harvey County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Harvey County property tax due date
8th and MainThe Harvey County Assessor's Office is located in Newton, Kansas. Newton is the county seat of Harvey County, where most local government offices are located.
Harvey County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Harvey County Information
Harvey County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Harvey County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Harvey County Tax Appraiser.
- The Harvey County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Harvey County.
- The Harvey County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Harvey County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Harvey County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Harvey County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Harvey County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 316-284-6820. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Newton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Harvey County Courthouse at 316-284-6950.