Greenwood County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Greenwood County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Greenwood County, Kansas. You can contact the Greenwood County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Greenwood County property tax due date
311 N Main StThe Greenwood County Assessor's Office is located in Eureka, Kansas. Eureka is the county seat of Greenwood County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Greenwood County Courthouse, at 311 North Main Street.
Greenwood County Assessor Contact Information
Greenwood County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Greenwood County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Greenwood County Tax Appraiser.
- The Greenwood County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Greenwood County.
- The Greenwood County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Greenwood County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Greenwood County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Greenwood County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Greenwood County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-583-8131. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Greenwood County assessor's office at 620-583-6013. Please call the assessor's office in Eureka before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Greenwood County Courthouse at 620-583-8121.