Greeley County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Greeley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Greeley County, Kansas. You can contact the Greeley County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Greeley County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
208 Harper Street The Greeley County Assessor's Office is located in Tribune, Kansas. Tribune is the county seat of Greeley County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Greeley County Courthouse, at 208 Harper Street.
Greeley County Assessor Contact Information
Greeley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Greeley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Greeley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Greeley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Greeley County.
- The Greeley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Greeley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Greeley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Greeley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Greeley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-376-4057. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Greeley County assessor's office at 620-376-2294. Please call the assessor's office in Tribune before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Greeley County Courthouse at 620-376-4256.