Ford County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Ford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ford County, Kansas. You can contact the Ford County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Ford County property tax due date
100 Gunsmoke StThe Ford County Assessor's Office is located in Dodge City, Kansas. Dodge City is the county seat of Ford County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ford County Building, at 100 Gunsmoke Street, 3rd Floor.
Ford County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ford County Information
Ford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ford County.
- The Ford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-227-4570. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Dodge City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ford County Building at 620-227-4550.