Finney County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Finney County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Finney County, Kansas. You can contact the Finney County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Finney County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
311 N. 9th StreetThe Finney County Assessor's Office is located in Garden City, Kansas. Garden City is the county seat of Finney County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Finney County Courthouse, at 311 North 9th Street.
Finney County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Finney County Information
Finney County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Finney County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Finney County Tax Appraiser.
- The Finney County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Finney County.
- The Finney County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Finney County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Finney County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Finney County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Finney County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-272-3517. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Finney County assessor's office at 620-272-3851. Please call the assessor's office in Garden City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Finney County Courthouse at 620-272-3522.