Ellsworth County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Ellsworth County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ellsworth County, Kansas. You can contact the Ellsworth County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Ellsworth County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
210 N Kansas AveThe Ellsworth County Assessor's Office is located in Ellsworth, Kansas. Ellsworth is the county seat of Ellsworth County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ellsworth County Courthouse, at 210 North Kansas Avenue.
Ellsworth County Assessor Contact Information
Ellsworth County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ellsworth County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ellsworth County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ellsworth County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ellsworth County.
- The Ellsworth County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ellsworth County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ellsworth County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ellsworth County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ellsworth County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 785-472-3165. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ellsworth County assessor's office at 785-472-3110. Please call the assessor's office in Ellsworth before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ellsworth County Courthouse at 785-472-4161.