Elk County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Elk County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Elk County, Kansas. You can contact the Elk County Assessor for:
- Checking the Elk County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Elk County Assessor's Office is located in Howard, Kansas.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Elk County Assessor Contact Information
Elk County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Elk County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Elk County Tax Appraiser.
- The Elk County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Elk County.
- The Elk County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Elk County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Elk County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Elk County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Elk County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-374-2832. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Elk County assessor's office at 620-374-3510. Please call the assessor's office in Howard before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352