Doniphan County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Doniphan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Doniphan County, Kansas. You can contact the Doniphan County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Doniphan County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 278The Doniphan County Assessor's Office is located in the Doniphan County Courthouse in Troy, Kansas. Troy is the county seat of Doniphan County, where most local government offices are located.
Doniphan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Doniphan County Information
Doniphan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Doniphan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Doniphan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Doniphan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Doniphan County.
- The Doniphan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Doniphan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Doniphan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Doniphan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Doniphan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 785-985-3977. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Doniphan County assessor's office at 785-985-3723. Please call the assessor's office in Troy before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Doniphan County Courthouse at 785-985-3513.