Cowley County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Cowley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cowley County, Kansas. You can contact the Cowley County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Cowley County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
311 E 9Th AveThe Cowley County Assessor's Office is located in Winfield, Kansas. Winfield is the county seat of Cowley County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cowley County Courthouse, at 311 East 9th Avenue.
Cowley County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cowley County Information
Cowley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cowley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cowley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cowley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cowley County.
- The Cowley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cowley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cowley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cowley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cowley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-221-5430. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cowley County assessor's office at 620-221-5442. Please call the assessor's office in Winfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cowley County Courthouse at 620-221-5400.