Coffey County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Coffey County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coffey County, Kansas. You can contact the Coffey County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Coffey County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
110 S 6Th StThe Coffey County Assessor's Office is located in the Coffey County Courthouse in Burlington, Kansas. Burlington is the county seat of Coffey County, where most local government offices are located.
Coffey County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Coffey County Information
Coffey County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coffey County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coffey County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coffey County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coffey County.
- The Coffey County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coffey County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coffey County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coffey County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coffey County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-364-8426. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Coffey County assessor's office at 620-364-8428. Please call the assessor's office in Burlington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Coffey County Courthouse at 620-364-2683.