Chautauqua County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Chautauqua County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Chautauqua County, Kansas. You can contact the Chautauqua County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Chautauqua County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Chautauqua County Assessor's Office is located in the Chautauqua County Courthouse in Sedan, Kansas.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Chautauqua County Assessor Contact Information
Chautauqua County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Chautauqua County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Chautauqua County Tax Appraiser.
- The Chautauqua County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Chautauqua County.
- The Chautauqua County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Chautauqua County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Chautauqua County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Chautauqua County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Chautauqua County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-725-5820. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Chautauqua County assessor's office at 620-725-5823. Please call the assessor's office in Sedan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352