[Kansas Assessors]
Property Taxes By State > Kansas > Chase County Property Tax > Chase County Tax Assessor

Chase County, Kansas - Assessor's Office

The Chase County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Chase County, Kansas. You can contact the Chase County Assessor for:

  • Your property tax bill
  • Information on your property's tax assessment
  • Reporting upgrades or improvements
  • Paying your property tax
  • Checking the Chase County property tax due date
  • Appealing your property tax appraisal

PO BOX 529The Chase County Assessor's Office is located in Cottonwood Falls, Kansas. Cottonwood Falls is the county seat of Chase County, where most local government offices are located.

Chase County Assessor Contact Information

Chase County Assessor's Office Services

There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Chase County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Chase County Tax Appraiser.

  1. The Chase County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Chase County.
  2. The Chase County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
  3. The Chase County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Chase County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.

When contacting Chase County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Chase County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-273-6306. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!

If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Chase County assessor's office at 620-273-6617. Please call the assessor's office in Cottonwood Falls before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Chase County Courthouse at 620-273-6423.

Learn More

Find the tax assessor for a different Kansas county

Find property records for Chase County

The median property tax in Chase County, Kansas is $1,139.00

kansas Property Tax Data All of the Chase County information on this page has been verified and checked for accuracy.
If any of the links or phone numbers provided no longer work, please let us know and we will update this page.