Barber County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Barber County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Barber County, Kansas. You can contact the Barber County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Barber County property tax due date
120 E Washington AveThe Barber County Assessor's Office is located in Medicine Lodge, Kansas. Medicine Lodge is the county seat of Barber County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Barber County Courthouse, at 120 E. Washington.
Barber County Assessor Contact Information
Barber County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Barber County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Barber County Tax Appraiser.
- The Barber County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Barber County.
- The Barber County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Barber County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Barber County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Barber County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Barber County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 620-886-3723. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Barber County assessor's office at 620-886-3845. Please call the assessor's office in Medicine Lodge before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Barber County Courthouse at 620-886-3961.