Muscatine County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Muscatine County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Muscatine County, Iowa. You can contact the Muscatine County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Muscatine County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
401 E 3Rd StThe Muscatine County Assessor's Office is located in Muscatine, Iowa. Muscatine is the county seat of Muscatine County, where most local government offices are located.
Muscatine County Assessor Contact Information
Muscatine County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Muscatine County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Muscatine County Tax Appraiser.
- The Muscatine County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Muscatine County.
- The Muscatine County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Muscatine County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Muscatine County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Muscatine County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Muscatine County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 563-263-7061. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Muscatine County assessor's office at 563-262-4169. Please call the assessor's office in Muscatine before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Muscatine County Courthouse at 563-263-5317.