Monona County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Monona County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Monona County, Iowa. You can contact the Monona County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Monona County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
610 Iowa AveThe Monona County Assessor's Office is located in Onawa, Iowa. Onawa is the county seat of Monona County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Monona County Courthouse, at 610 Iowa Avenue.
Monona County Assessor Contact Information
Monona County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Monona County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Monona County Tax Appraiser.
- The Monona County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Monona County.
- The Monona County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Monona County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Monona County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Monona County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Monona County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 712-433-2271. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Monona County assessor's office at 712-433-9578. Please call the assessor's office in Onawa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Monona County Courthouse at 712-423-2191.