Mahaska County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Mahaska County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mahaska County, Iowa. You can contact the Mahaska County Assessor for:
- Checking the Mahaska County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
106 S 1St StThe Mahaska County Assessor's Office is located in Oskaloosa, Iowa. Oskaloosa is the county seat of Mahaska County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mahaska County Courthouse, at 106 South 1st Street.
Mahaska County Assessor Contact Information
Mahaska County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mahaska County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mahaska County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mahaska County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mahaska County.
- The Mahaska County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mahaska County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mahaska County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mahaska County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mahaska County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 641-673-5805. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mahaska County assessor's office at 641-673-2564. Please call the assessor's office in Oskaloosa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mahaska County Courthouse at 641-673-3469.