Linn County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Linn County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Linn County, Iowa. You can contact the Linn County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Linn County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
930 First Street, SWThe Linn County Assessor's Office is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Cedar Rapids is the county seat of Linn County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Linn County Courthouse, at 930 1st Street S.W..
Linn County Assessor Contact Information
Linn County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Linn County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Linn County Tax Appraiser.
- The Linn County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Linn County.
- The Linn County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Linn County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Linn County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Linn County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Linn County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 319-892-5220. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Linn County assessor's office at 319-892-5239. Please call the assessor's office in Cedar Rapids before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Linn County Courthouse at 319-398-3421.