Keokuk County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Keokuk County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Keokuk County, Iowa. You can contact the Keokuk County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Keokuk County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
101 S Main StThe Keokuk County Assessor's Office is located in Sigourney, Iowa. Sigourney is the county seat of Keokuk County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Keokuk County Courthouse, at 101 South Main Street.
Keokuk County Assessor Contact Information
Keokuk County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Keokuk County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Keokuk County Tax Appraiser.
- The Keokuk County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Keokuk County.
- The Keokuk County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Keokuk County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Keokuk County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Keokuk County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Keokuk County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 641-622-2760. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Keokuk County assessor's office at 641-622-2286. Please call the assessor's office in Sigourney before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Keokuk County Courthouse at 641-622-2320.