Emmet County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Emmet County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Emmet County, Iowa. You can contact the Emmet County Assessor for:
- Checking the Emmet County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
609 1St Ave NThe Emmet County Assessor's Office is located in Estherville, Iowa. Estherville is the county seat of Emmet County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Emmet County Courthouse, at 609-1st Avenue North.
Emmet County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Emmet County Information
Emmet County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Emmet County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Emmet County Tax Appraiser.
- The Emmet County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Emmet County.
- The Emmet County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Emmet County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Emmet County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Emmet County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Emmet County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 712-362-2609. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Emmet County assessor's office at 712-362-7454. Please call the assessor's office in Estherville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Emmet County Courthouse at 712-362-4261.