Dubuque County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Dubuque County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dubuque County, Iowa. You can contact the Dubuque County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Dubuque County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
720 Central AvenueThe Dubuque County Assessor's Office is located in Dubuque, Iowa. Dubuque is the county seat of Dubuque County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Dubuque County Courthouse, at 720 Central Avenue.
Dubuque County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dubuque County Information
Dubuque County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dubuque County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dubuque County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dubuque County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dubuque County.
- The Dubuque County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dubuque County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dubuque County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dubuque County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dubuque County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 563-589-4432. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Dubuque before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dubuque County Courthouse at 563-589-4441.