Delaware County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Delaware County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Delaware County, Iowa. You can contact the Delaware County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Delaware County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Delaware County Assessor's Office is located in the Delaware County Courthouse in Manchester, Iowa.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Delaware County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Delaware County Information
Delaware County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Delaware County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Delaware County Tax Appraiser.
- The Delaware County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Delaware County.
- The Delaware County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Delaware County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Delaware County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Delaware County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Delaware County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 563-927-2526. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Delaware County assessor's office at 563-927-6476. Please call the assessor's office in Manchester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352