Cerro Gordo County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Cerro Gordo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa. You can contact the Cerro Gordo County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Cerro Gordo County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
220 N Washington AveThe Cerro Gordo County Assessor's Office is located in Mason City, Iowa. Mason City is the county seat of Cerro Gordo County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cerro Gordo County Courthouse, at 220 North Washington Avenue.
Cerro Gordo County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cerro Gordo County Information
Cerro Gordo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cerro Gordo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cerro Gordo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cerro Gordo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cerro Gordo County.
- The Cerro Gordo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cerro Gordo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cerro Gordo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cerro Gordo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cerro Gordo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 641-421-3065. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Mason City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cerro Gordo County Courthouse at 641-421-3021.