Bremer County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Bremer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bremer County, Iowa. You can contact the Bremer County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Bremer County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
415 E Bremer AveThe Bremer County Assessor's Office is located in Waverly, Iowa. Waverly is the county seat of Bremer County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bremer County Courthouse, at 415 E. Bremer Avenue.
Bremer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bremer County Information
Bremer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bremer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bremer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bremer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bremer County.
- The Bremer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bremer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bremer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bremer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bremer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 319-352-0145. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bremer County assessor's office at 319-352-0150. Please call the assessor's office in Waverly before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bremer County Courthouse at 319-352-0340.