Audubon County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Audubon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Audubon County, Iowa. You can contact the Audubon County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Audubon County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
318 Leroy St Ste 4The Audubon County Assessor's Office is located in Audubon, Iowa. Audubon is the county seat of Audubon County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Audubon County Courthouse, at 318 Leroy Street, Room 2.
Audubon County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Audubon County Information
Audubon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Audubon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Audubon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Audubon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Audubon County.
- The Audubon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Audubon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Audubon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Audubon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Audubon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 712-563-3418. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Audubon County assessor's office at 712-563-2003. Please call the assessor's office in Audubon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Audubon County Courthouse at 712-563-2584.