Allamakee County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Allamakee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Allamakee County, Iowa. You can contact the Allamakee County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Allamakee County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
110 Allamakee StreetThe Allamakee County Assessor's Office is located in Waukon, Iowa. Waukon is the county seat of Allamakee County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Allamakee County Courthouse, at 110 Allamakee St.
Allamakee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Allamakee County Information
Allamakee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Allamakee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Allamakee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Allamakee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Allamakee County.
- The Allamakee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Allamakee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Allamakee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Allamakee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Allamakee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 563-568-3145. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Allamakee County assessor's office at 563-568-0096. Please call the assessor's office in Waukon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Allamakee County Courthouse at 563-568-3522.