Wabash County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Wabash County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wabash County, Indiana. You can contact the Wabash County Assessor for:
- Checking the Wabash County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
1 W Hill StThe Wabash County Assessor's Office is located in Wabash, Indiana. Wabash is the county seat of Wabash County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wabash County Courthouse, at 1 West Hill Street.
Wabash County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wabash County Information
Wabash County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wabash County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wabash County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wabash County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wabash County.
- The Wabash County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wabash County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wabash County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wabash County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wabash County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 260-563-0661. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wabash County assessor's office at 260-563-3451. Please call the assessor's office in Wabash before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wabash County Courthouse at 260-563-0661.