Vigo County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Vigo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Vigo County, Indiana. You can contact the Vigo County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Vigo County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Vigo County Assessor's Office is located in the Vigo County Annex Building in Terre Haute, Indiana.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Vigo County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Vigo County Information
Vigo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Vigo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Vigo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Vigo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Vigo County.
- The Vigo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Vigo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Vigo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Vigo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Vigo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-462-3358. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Vigo County assessor's office at 812-238-1217. Please call the assessor's office in Terre Haute before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352