Vanderburgh County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Vanderburgh County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Vanderburgh County, Indiana. You can contact the Vanderburgh County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Vanderburgh County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Vanderburgh County Assessor's Office is located in the Vanderburgh County Civic Center Complex in Evansville, Indiana.
Vanderburgh County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Vanderburgh County Information
Vanderburgh County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Vanderburgh County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Vanderburgh County Tax Appraiser.
- The Vanderburgh County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Vanderburgh County.
- The Vanderburgh County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Vanderburgh County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Vanderburgh County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Vanderburgh County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Vanderburgh County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-435-5267. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Vanderburgh County assessor's office at 812-435-5530. Please call the assessor's office in Evansville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.